This is just a friendly reminder that making duaa for good grades, jobs, health, friends, etc. is all great but you must also make an active effort to achieve them. We can all pray for Allah swt to ease the process but we need to do some hardcore studying, hunt for jobs, work out or other prescribed methods, introduce ourselves to good company, etc. It’s hard work, but it’s worth it.
onceupona-love-story asked: Salam Alaykum, I really love this blog, the information you offer in your links, and the peace and happiness that i get the more I learn about Islam! I am converting hopefully soon, and i have done lots of research on Islam, and this blog alone has taught me a lot about the beautiful religion :) Do you possibly have any tips for me, a soon to be new Muslim? If not it's okay, because i just wanted to say thank you for this great blog!
Walaykum asalam :)
That makes us so happy, may Allah bless you immensely in your journey.
I think some tips that may help (that also helped me, as I am a born Muslim but didn’t really start learning about Islam till later on in life):
- Be patient with yourself and the learning process
- You do not have to know every single thing right away, again it’s all a learning process
- Be open to learning from others and teaching them
- Perfection is not expected of you, that is a trait only Allah holds
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help (hint: there are a ton of supportive people on Tumblr who would be there in a heart beat)
- Don’t overwhelm yourself with information or knowledge, absorb it little by little - we all are expected to learn from womb to tomb
- Start with the Quran first and get familiar with it and the stories it holds - what they mean, what lessons they teach, what Allah is trying to tell us
- This link may help at times (http://thebeautyofislam.tumblr.com/tagged/reverts) :)
- More tips here from Suhaib Webb
- Make dua for anything and everything
- And again patience :)
May you always be surrounded by positivity and those who help shape you into a better person for this world and the Hereafter :)
PS. To all reading this, please feel free to reblog with tips!